Have you been experiencing a stubborn pattern in your business or life that you’re having a hard time explaining? And you just don’t know what to do about it?
Perhaps you often find yourself panicking when you’re about to share a new creation with the world. You frequently worry about how your gifts will be perceived by the people around you. (Which is very common among spiritual entrepreneurs, by the way.) Or you keep attracting the same type of situation in your relationships again and again.
Maybe you’ve already done a ton of inner child work around what you’re experiencing. You’ve been saying your affirmations like a boss for years. Yet something still seems to be missing.
If this sounds like you, it’s possible that you’re living out a pattern that actually began long before you came into this current lifetime, caused by a traumatic soul memory from one of your previous incarnations.
On my own journey, learning how to remember my past lives has helped me gain profound insight into some of my most stubborn patterns, and has allowed me to resolve challenging situations both in my career and relationships.
I’ve found that often, the simple act of making those soul memories conscious is enough to completely dissolve the negative pattern.
There is a special kind of magic that happens when we realize that there is a good reason why we’ve created a certain experience in this lifetime. It is then easier to forgive ourselves and others for the challenges we’ve encountered. And through the act of forgiveness, we can instantly set ourselves and others free.
If you’re wondering how you can remember your past lives to learn more about what may be causing the triggers and patterns you’re currently experiencing on your healing journey, here’s a simple meditation that will help you connect with your soul memories and integrate “lost” aspects of your own being.
Connecting with Your Soul Memories
10 Simple Steps
1. Find a quiet place in which you’ll be undisturbed for the next 30–60 minutes. If you like, burn some incense, light a candle, and put on your favourite meditation music.
2. Sit or lie down in a position that is comfortable for you. Take a moment to center yourself, close your eyes, and focus on your breath. As you keep breathing, allow yourself to relax more and more deeply.
3. If you haven’t already done so, set your intention for this meditation. What would you like to learn, heal, or experience? Ask your guides to protect you and to show you the past lifetime that holds the answer to your current question.
4. Keep breathing, and allow yourself to relax into stillness even more. Then, visualize a gateway of white and golden light in front of you (or use a similar image that works for you). When you’re ready, step through this gateway and enter the past life that will answer the question you have today.
5. Allow yourself to receive any images, impressions, and insights that come to you as you explore this past lifetime. You may see an actual vision, hear sounds, become aware of a specific feeling, or simply know the answer to your question.
6. When you feel complete, give thanks for the insights you have received, return to the gateway through which you entered your past life, and step back into this current lifetime.
7. Bring your awareness back to your physical body, stretch your arms and legs, take some nice, deep breaths, and open your eyes when you are ready.
8. Write down your insights in your journal.
9. Finally, go for a walk or do something else that helps you ground. This will allow the insights you’ve received to process more easily, and will ensure your energy fully returns back to your physical body.
10. If you receive any inspiration for specific action steps to take over the next days or weeks, go ahead and follow your inner guidance.
Have you ever remembered any of your past lifetimes? In what ways has exploring your soul memories helped you on your healing journey? Let us know in the comments below!