Do you ever struggle to come up with the right ideas for your marketing or creative endeavours?
Perhaps you’ve been feeling uninspired lately, the words just aren’t flowing properly when you’re writing content for your business, or you’re finding it difficult to put your work out there once it’s ready to be shared.
Or … you’ve been feeling blocked around communicating with others, whether it’s in your business or personal relationships. Maybe you’re having a hard time expressing yourself clearly when connecting with clients, business partners, or loved ones, or your social media content hasn’t been getting as much engagement as usual.
If any or all of these resonate with you, you can be pretty sure that you’ve got some blocks in your throat chakra.
This is actually quite common among spiritual entrepreneurs. Most of us have a strong desire to show up authentically when we’re communicating with others, and at the same time, many of us carry past-life and ancestral trauma in connection with sharing our wisdom with the world.
Therefore, many spiritual business owners experience throat chakra blocks from time to time, especially when we’re upleveling our businesses or venturing into a new direction with our work.
If you’ve been wondering what to do to get back into your creative flow, here are a few simple and effective ways to open and balance your throat chakra:
6 Favourite Techniques to Open and Balance Your Throat Chakra
1. Singing and chanting: Singing and using your voice in other creative ways is one of the quickest and most direct ways to open your throat chakra. Hum your favourite song in the shower, chant along with a sound healing meditation on Spotify, or if you prefer to sing with others, consider joining a choir or local Kirtan group.
2. Receive sound healing: If you feel that your blocks are more on the receiving side, listen to some beautiful inspiring music while allowing your voice to rest, or find a sound healing practitioner who can support you with more in-depth techniques.
3. Use reiki on your throat chakra: If you’re attuned to reiki or another energy healing modality, try doing some energy work on your throat chakra. If you’re dealing with a particularly stubborn block, do this regularly for a while until you’re fully back in your creative flow. If you enjoy working with crystals, you may also want to try putting some stones on your throat chakra, either to support your energy work or as a standalone practice.
4. Use the colour blue: The throat chakra is associated with the colour blue, therefore try using this colour as often as you can for a while. Wear it, eat it, visualize it. Your imagination is the limit!
5. Speak your truth: Is there something you’ve been wanting to say to someone that you’ve been hesitating to share? If so, now is the perfect time to speak up. Throat chakra blocks often form when we’re not allowing ourselves to communicate our truth. Therefore, make a conscious effort to express yourself clearly, whether it’s in your personal or professional relationships.
6. Look for other ways to express yourself authentically: Truthful self-expression isn’t just about your voice—it can also include other ways of expressing yourself creatively. Communicate your feelings through your art, write a poem, start a new blog, or explore new ways of dressing or doing your hair. Have fun with this, and don’t limit yourself. The only rules are the ones you make! The more free you allow yourself to be, the more effortlessly your throat chakra energy will flow.
Which of the above techniques inspires you the most? What action steps are you going to take to open and harmonize your throat chakra today? Let us know in the comments below!