Smudging is a practice known to religions around the world. Catholic churches use frankincense, Buddhist temples use incense and Native Canadians and Americans use sage and other herbs.
Some popular herbs and incenses used are:
To clear evil spirits, a teacher of mine taught me that you must employ a specialist and that she uses copal and camphor resins.
How do I smudge?
Set a powerful intention that the space or object will be cleared. If you feel guided to ask in your Divine Team of God, helpers, guardian angels, guides, and Archangel Michael.
Put the material of your choice in a shell, clay pot or bowl, or other non- burnable container. Light it and allow it to burn for a few minutes. Fan out the flames and allow the smoke to clear negativity, clear, cleanse, and purify. Open the doors and windows.
10 Reasons to Smudge
1. Sage is an all natural antibacterial and helps clear bacteria in the air.
2. Clears negative energy when you are feeling drained, moody, angry or in fear.
3. There are many types of sage. Namely, desert, white, Russian and black.
4. Sage sprays work just as well.
5. It helps clear and cleanse energy of objects and spaces.
6. It is a cultural and tradition for Native Canadians and Americans.
7. Helps remove odors.
8. Can be used to repel bugs
9. Helps calm and boost mood
10. Clears the energy of the body, mind, and spirit.
Spiritual Teacher, Author, Speaker, Angel Intuitive