One who conquers fear conquers his greatest enemy. ~Matshona Dhliwayo
1. Courage lightens distress, hope alleviates grief, doubt aggravates affliction, fear worsens anguish, worry magnifies misery, and faith overthrows despair.
2. If you think too much, you will worry too much; if you worry too much, you will fear too much; if you fear too much, you will dread too much; and if you dread too much, you will suffer too much.
3. Whether the glass is half empty or half full, you have the power to fill it up.
4. When you have the world on your shoulders, God alone can help you carry it.
5. Faith moves mountains, intelligence goes over them, wisdom goes around them, but love levels them.
6. The weak dread the storm, the foolish invite the storm, the wise avoid the storm, the strong battle the storm, and the great overcome the storm.
7. Overcoming adversity puts you among the bravest, overcoming pain puts you among the strongest; overcoming opponents puts you among the mightiest, but overcoming yourself puts you among the greatest.
8. Pain is a better teacher than pleasure. Poverty is a better teacher than prosperity. Failure is a better teacher than success. Life is a better teacher than university.
9. Joy turns tears into laughter. Hope turns mourning into gladness. Wisdom turns tragedy into fortune. Faith turns defeat into triumph. Love turns enmity into friendship.
10. Aspire for excellence. Hope for fortune. Yearn for wisdom. Strive for goodness. Contend for love.
11. Joy doubles your faith, strength triples your might, and love quadruples your power.
12. When you have nothing, be hopeful; when you have little, be grateful; when you have much, be sensible; when you have everything, be humble.
13. Joy is the best companion, virtue is the noblest acquaintance, wisdom is the cleverest friend, and love is the kindest soul mate.
14. Behind you, leave your enemies. Beside you, keep your family. Around you, maintain your friends. Within you, cherish God.
15. If you have money, you are affluent; if you have joy, you are wealthy; and if you have love, you are rich.
Your highest self is revealed in your lowest moments.