1. Ignorance shuts the mind’s door tight; wisdom swings it wide open.
2. The mind is a temple of knowledge, the heart is a temple of understanding, and the soul is a temple of wisdom; together they are a temple of enlightenment.
3. Wisdom knows the way. Understanding sees the way. Passion feels the way. Love goes all the way.
4. Books are a stairway to knowledge; experience is a highway to understanding; together they are an elevator to enlightenment.
5. Learn what you can, teach what you know, live how you ought.
6. Run to knowledge. Sprint to understanding. Dash to wisdom. Soar to enlightenment.
7. Love + truth = strength. Love + knowledge = influence. Love + understanding = power. Love + wisdom = enlightenment.
8. Knowledge is strength, understanding is mastery, and wisdom is power.
9. Your mind’s light will enlighten you, your heart’s light will encourage you, your soul’s light will enliven you, and your God’s light will enlarge you.
10. The loudest preacher in the world is your conscience, the cleverest is wisdom, the rowdiest is passion, the surest is truth, the purest is love, and the highest is God.
11. Listen like a student. Learn like a scholar. Live like a sage. Love like a saint.
12. The intelligent are candles, the virtuous are torches, the wise are lamps, and the enlightened are stars.
13. Pain helps the body grow. Riddles help the mind grow. Loss helps the heart grow. Temptations help the soul grow.
14. Teach yourself. Help yourself. Improve yourself. Enrich yourself.
15. Truth is the highest knowledge. Faith is the highest courage. Reason is the highest wisdom. Love is the highest virtue.
Gray hairs signify old age, not wisdom.
Muscles signify strength, not health.
Laughter signifies amusement, not joy.
Weeping signifies pain, not weakness.
Smiling signifies courteousness, not love.