The bitterest fruit tastes sweet when you share it with someone you love. ~Matshona Dhliwayo
1. True enemies are better than false friends.
2. One good friend is better than a thousand acquaintances.
3. Love your enemies, but deal with them shrewdly.
4. Consolation from a stranger is better than discouragement from a friend.
5. Truth from an enemy is better than lies from a friend.
6. We often deserve our enemies, but rarely deserve our friends.
7. Friends do not accumulate as easily as enemies.
8. Good friends are divine instruments.
9. Beatings from a friend are better than kisses from an enemy.
10. The most reliable friend you have is your shadow.
11. A pinch from a friend hurts more than a blow from an enemy.
12. Discuss with your enemies, laugh with your acquaintances, share with your friends.
13. A kind stranger is better than an uncaring friend.
14. You don’t choose the music your enemies play, but you choose which songs you dance to.
15. A shrewd enemy will teach you more than a foolish friend.
Those who put you in difficult times are enemies. Those who forsook you in difficult times are acquaintances. Those who stood by you in difficult times are friends. Those who fought for you in difficult times are family. Teachers are in your life to guide you. Friends are in your life to support you. Parents are in your life to bless you. Enemies are in your life to strengthen you.
Matshona Dhliwayo is a Canadian based Philosopher, Entrepreneur, and author of books such as The Art of Winning, The Little Book of Inspiration, 100 Lessons Every Great Man Wants You to Know, Dinner with King Solomon and Lalibela's Wise Man. He is a regular contributor for The African Leadership Magazine, The CEO Magazine, Health Magazine, The African Union and other internationally renowned magazines. https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/7978664.Matshona_Dhliwayo