1. If the past could be changed, it would not exist. If the future could be stopped, it would not survive. If the present could be avoided, it would not prevail.
2. The past is filled with pain, the present with opportunity, and the future with uncertainty.
3. The past is a closed door, the present is an open one, and the future is an approaching one.
4. Don’t mourn over the past; it has no pity for you. Don’t cry over the present; it has no sympathy for you, and don’t weep over the future; it has no mercy on you.
5. The past is kind enough to give you lessons. The present is kind enough to give you opportunities. The future is kind enough to give you both.
6. Forgive those who hurt you yesterday. Reward those who help you today. Remember those who help you tomorrow.
7. When your past tries to haunt you tell it you don’t believe in ghosts.
8. You cannot marry your past without divorcing your future.
9. Yesterday says, “Forget me, but learn from me.” Today says, “Embrace me, yet utilize me.” Tomorrow says, “Anticipate me, then prepare for me.”
10. Live for your dreams, not your memories.
11. Marry your future, court your present, and divorce your past.
12. Dream of the future. Act for the future. Be wise in the present.
13. Thank the past for all the lessons it taught you; anticipate the future for all the blessings it has in store for you.
14. Be wise enough to learn from the past, shrewd enough to capitalize on the present, and clever enough to prepare for the future.
15. Live each day as if it were your last; love each day as if you will live forever.
Dear past, I survived you.
Dear present, I’m ready for you.
Dear future, I’m coming for you.