A kind stranger is better than an uncaring friend. ~Matshona Dhliwayo
1. Acquaintances come and go, friends are here to stay, but enemies accumulate.
2. It is wise to buy acquaintances, but foolish to buy friends.
3. One friend in a storm is worth more than a thousand friends in sunshine.
4. Bruises from a friend are better than kisses from an enemy.
5. It is better to help an enemy than to harm a friend.
6. A truthful enemy is better than a deceitful friend.
7. Esteem your friends, revere your teachers, honor your parents, and regard your acquaintances.
8. Have gracious thoughts of your neighbors, kind thoughts of your friends, loving thoughts of your family, and humble thoughts of yourself.
9. The attack of an enemy is easier to fend off than the betrayal of a friend.
10. Love your friends with your eyes closed, but love your enemies with both eyes open.
11. Helping yourself is wisdom. Helping your neighbor is kindness. Helping your friend is virtue. Helping your family is duty. Helping your enemy is love.
12. Ignore those who resent you. Avoid those who begrudge you. Excuse those who envy you. Pity those who hate you.
13. To turn the other cheek is not to give your enemy a knife to kill you.
14. Cheerfulness will help you draw strangers, cleverness will help gain acquaintances, faithfulness will help you keep companions, and kindness will help you multiply friends.
15. One who learns from his enemies is as wise as one who learns from his friends.
“To one full of love: a stranger is his brother, a stranger is his sister, a stranger is his mother, a stranger is his father. To one full of self: a stranger is a nuisance, a stranger is an intruder, a stranger is an adversary, a stranger is a stranger.” ~Matshona Dhliwayo