1. A loud mind is greater than a loud mouth.
2. A book is a small universe you can fit onto your shelf.
3. A scholar’s pen is more valuable than a warrior’s sword.
4. If you want to shine, sit before a lamp; if you want to shine brighter, sit before a fire; but if you want to shine the brightest, sit before a sage.
5. Wisdom lies at the edge of intelligence. Joy lies at the edge of happiness. Faith lies at the edge of boldness. Love lies at the edge of kindness. God lies at the edge of righteousness.
6. A step towards wisdom is a leap towards enlightenment.
7. Tell a man, he might understand; show a man, he will understand.
8. A candle that lights another does not have to work as hard to bring forth light.
9. It is easy to learn from listening, easier to learn from observing, and easiest to learn from practicing.
10. Teaching you how to grow a garden is better than giving you a thousand roses.
11. A fish is a genius in water, an eagle is a genius in air, a fox is a genius on land, and a sage is a genius in life.
12. In my youth, I had three teachers: friends, enemies, and books. In my adulthood, I had three professors: God, nature, and life.
13. Dream more, read more, learn more, and you will become more.
14. Your strength lies in knowledge, your power lies in wisdom, your treasure lies in understanding, and your wealth lies in life.
15. When a star falls from the sky, it is replaced by the deeds of the enlightened.
“When it’s hard to run to light, jog; when it’s hard to jog, walk.
When it’s hard to walk, limp; when it’s hard to limp, crawl.
As long as you are headed to light,
the shackles of darkness are left behind.”