I finally stepped into my gifts even though I am dealing with an array of limiting beliefs and fears about myself and new adventure. One thing I have learned is that you can get lost in the world of fear for as long as you allow it.
Here are some valuable lessons I have learned:
1. Get Support and then more support. Doing this alone is crazy and unnecessary. Try different experiences with coaches and groups. Don’t stop being open and flexible to new ideas and resources. They are all around you once you begin to expand your thinking and limitations.
2. Hire a coach or mentor who will not only make you accountable to your actions but will reinforce and inspire you to continue down your path.
3. Spend time reflecting on what you want and need at this time in your life. Our needs change as we grow. Journaling and just plain pouring out your heart on paper works wonders. Using a process to identify your strengths and desires will help you clarify your passions and what is important to you at this phase in your life.
4. Once you identify all those desires and strengths, go even deeper and circle the top 5 or 10 that resonate with you. Reflect more and chisel down to the essence. This is a process make it fun and inspiring.
5. Have fun with it-no pressure. This is your life and you get to design it any way you choose.
6. Blend passions together and use your imagination to create. I had very interesting positions as a Horticultural therapist due to my passion for nature and nursing. I worked with patients with Alzheimer’s and dementia through nature. I also worked as a set medic in the entertainment field combining my love for acting with nursing. If you can dream it up you can do it!
7. Take 1 step at a time and write it down and have someone hold you accountable. If you don’t have coaches then buddy up with a supportive friend.
8. Speaking of supportive friends, only discuss your dreams and actions with people who are supportive. Yes, some loving folks are only trying to protect you but they are projecting their own fears and limited beliefs on to you. It’s up to you to take care of yourself.
As I continue to grow and build my practice and business I look forward to sharing my experiences with you. I welcome any ideas, thoughts and inspirations.